Monday, March 16, 2015

Lesson 6 - Gale Virtual Resource Library - GVRL

GVRL - a wealth of information and I had difficulties to stay on task.  I went to "Title List" and selected Dictionary of American History, 2003 - choose a volume - publication - topic overview on Aachen, page(s): 1. Word Count: 209. Synopsis: Aachen: An important, if costly, symbolic victory for the Allies dujring WWII, Aachen was the first German city captured and held by Allien troops. Sitting along a system of German defensive works... etc., etc., I viewed the complete text and it was very interested reading.
At the Home page I typed in "Zinc" and really couldn't find nothing. I searched under medical, food, and more and it was easier to google to find the answer. I know this was not the exercise I should do, but my timeframe was / and is short. To stay healthy your body needs zinc, like: Spinach, fish, Seeds: Watermelon-flax-pumpkin-squash-, turkey, brown rice and more.
Back to the home-page, search box and typed in: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Work overview - full text: so much information and I will quote only the Synopsis: It's a literary work and the novel set in St. Petersburg, Missouri, about 1840; published in 1885. -A boy and a slave flee their hometown, heading down the Mississippi River toward the Ohio River and freedom. For more information you can enjoy 3 more pages - what I did. Plenty of material for the student to finish his project. I really enjoyed the GVRL site there is so much to explore.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sometimes it is easier to Google the info (like the zinc question). Many times, students need to have sources to quote or one needs more info--one of the articles with the zinc info is in the Nursing and Allied Health title.

    Thanks for your post! Great discoveries,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete